Joyful Noises

Just another Edublogs site

Let’s Move-It!!

May1

Hello Bagley Bees!! I am going to start putting up music assignments on Schoology. What’s Schoology, you ask? It is the District’s Online Learning Management system. If you have family members in middle school or high school, they have probably been using Schoology for quite awhile. Every student in Seattle Public Schools has access to this system through the SPS website, using their SPS login information. It can seem a little overwhelming at first. Trust me,  I REALLY understand. What I am going to do here is give you instructions to find the music information. You will need: an internet connected device and your SPS student login information. If you need your login information, please contact your classroom teacher.

How to get to your Schoology Music Course:

1. Go to Seattle Public Schools website.
  2. On the right hand side of the homepage, about halfway down, you will see SCHOOLOGY +. click on this.
  3. Next Click on Student and Staff Schoology Login.
  4.  Enter your SPS username and Password.
  5. A page will come up, that to grown-ups, looks a little like FaceBook.
  6. Click on Courses on the top left.
  7. Your menu of courses will open. One of the should be Music-classroom teacher-grade. For example “Music-Cole-Grade 1″ or “Music-Vonderlage-Grade 5”.
  8. Open your music course. Click on  “Move-It”. Then follow the Directions for the Dr. Strong Move-it”

I will also continue putting music info up on this blog, but I wanted to begin using Schoology also. Schoology offers kids a way to respond to assignments online, wheras this blog does not.  Below is a link to the special movement video. This Move-it was created by Dr. Missy Strong. Dr. Strong is a Master Music teacher, and has created some expressive movement to go along with the Star Wars Imperial March. This video will only be available through May 8. Hope you enjoy it.

Dr. Strong- Imperial March Move-it!

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar